kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

28.9.12

a pre-review



First things first: How much do I love the cover of this book? So much. The colors, the fonts, the design - it's everything a good book cover should be. I read a review in the Times today about it, and, in my opinion, it was terribly unfair. The reviewer spent her whole time comparing this book to Harry Potter, which is (excuse the cliche) like comparing apples to oranges - both good, but completely different. But rest assured, I'm partway through and very much enjoying it. Full review to come once I've finished. Oh, and that reviewer? She's kind of hated among authors; at least according to this she is. Made me feel better about not taking her seriously; apparently many don't.

2 comments:

  1. I have been really curious about this book. I also don't like when people compare books written for different genres even when they share the same author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.