kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

31.5.12

two


Once upon a time when I was 3, I watched The Little Mermaid. Ursula scared me so badly that I had a traumatizing nightmare that I still remember. My parents told me that I woke up screaming. That experience has turned into a lifelong fear of octopuses. Videos, pictures, and sometimes even just mentioning them make me tense up and get very anxious. I don't know how I'd react if I encountered one in real life. It's a situation I'm trying to avoid. image credit



Other than the fact that it is a most unpleasant experience, I'm not sure why I'm so lit'rally terrified of throwing up. I will do anything physically possible to prevent myself from being sick. When I got my wisdom teeth out last week, right before they put me under, the doctor asked, "Is there anything you're worried or afraid of before we start?" My response? "Throwing up afterward." They gave me anti-nausea medication so I wouldn't. I didn't. And I'm not prone to motion sickness either - I just hate throwing up. So much so that I haven't in thirteen years. image credit


I've never had any bad experiences with clowns, but I find them to be very creepy. It's something about the heavy makeup on their faces; that I can't really see their true emotions/intentions. Overall, I'm just very wary of them. I guess that I've fabricated in my mind that they have some sort of ulterior motive, and it makes me uneasy. No offense to anyone who may be involved with clowns, via the circus or otherwise. image credit

2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears. | thirty things

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your "list" items! And just for the record, I used to have the vomiting fears as well... until I started having kids. I hope you have easy pregnancies in the years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The octopus one is random! It makes sense though. And I didn't know throwing up was a fear of yours when I made my comment on your last post. I really hope you don't get sick when you're pregnant now! And random side note, my neighbor grew up in Japan and she said that over there throwing up is something you just didn't do. Like her parents didn't allow it. How does that even work?! Anyway, she always just held it in when she was pregnant until someone finally convinced her that it was OK to throw up.

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.