kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

12.4.11

humpty-dumpty

Outside of the back door of our apartment there are about five stairs. Last night I managed to fall down them. I'm still not sure how it happened. Baffled, would be more like it. I'm fine. I caught myself on the iron railing and concrete wall next to the stairs before I hit the concrete floor. My arms have a few little bruises on them, and my left ring finger's tip is still throbbing off and on at the most inconvenient times, of course. Like when I'm trying to concentrate in class, but all I can think about is the incessant, dull pain in my finger. Thanks, finger. I really appreciate it. When we move to Salt Lake we'll be on the top floor. The stairs are inside of the house (a lot more than five), and we'll be putting up a baby gate for the kittens until they're big enough to go up and down the stairs by themselves, but maybe I'll need it more than they will.

Moral of the story: Don't fall down stairs.

4 comments:

  1. Just wait until you're pregnant. You'll be a lot more clumsy than you ever thought possible. I hope your finger stops throbbing and that you have more luck in your new place. So do you have kittens already or are you getting them after you move to Salt Lake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you poor thing! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. falling down=bad

    Sorry about that. I hope you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fall UP stairs on a regular basis - don't step high enough or something. LOL It doesn't feel any better!

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.