kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

29.1.13

a television review.


I have a confession. I watch Bunheads, and I love it. It is hilarious. But for the first few episodes I was pretty skeptical. I felt like it was trying too hard to be Gilmore Girls - something, though despite an almost identical cast, it was not. I giggled a few times. Nothing more. Then last night happened. "The Astronaut and the Ballerina" was everything perfect and hilarious that Gilmore Girls is. It had that effortless dialogue (and lots of it!) that is so delightfully quippy and chock-full of references that you don't get until the next day. It had me laughing out loud - real laughs - many many times. Sutton Foster is brilliant. And even though we all know that she is Broadway, her screen acting is great too. So if you enjoy Gilmore Girls and haven't watched Bunheads, this is my shameless plug to watch the show.


1 comment:

  1. Sooo.... you might like this webseries. Coincidentally, I had a similar experience with it where I didn't enjoy the first few episodes but I really got into it when I watched an episode that just connected with me. You may already watch it. I think it's a really creative way to modernize P&P. (Lizzie Bennett Diaries)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KisuGP2lcPs&list=PL6690D980D8A65D08

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.