kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

8.9.12

dinner date





One dinner with Sylvia, please. I'm on a first-name basis with her, and love her more than most. I'd have her take me to her favorite local place in London. I'd love to talk to her and try to get a glimpse into her genius. Just a small inkling. If I could write half as well as she could at age eighteen, well, I wouldn't just be writing a blog that who knows how many people actually see. I'd ask her about her poetry and if she liked the version of the cover of her novel. My guess is probably not - too many colors. Anyway, she's brilliant. Read her if you haven't. The poetry is fantastic. The novel is superb. And this crazy thing happens when you read The Bell Jar; you start to think that you're Esther. Then you put the book down and think, "What was I thinking? That's not me." Then you pick it up again and you're convinced over and over that it's you. Seriously.So.Good. You won't be sorry.


25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat? | thirty things

No comments:

Post a Comment

♔ huzzah.