kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

26.8.12

now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything


No, not really. But ten points and new best friend status to you if you got the reference.

My family dynamic as a child and now as an adult is largely the same. It is a constant in my life. We get along swimmingly. Everyone is there for each other - no hesitations. My grandparents and their children started a legacy in the town I grew up in. Everyone knows us there; if not for our involvement in the community, for the sheer number of us around.

My immediate family is small - just me and a younger brother. But my extended family is large - grandparents, 6 pairs of aunts and uncles, 34 cousins (45 if you count the spouses of those that are married, which I do; 55 if you count their children), and countless more extended family members close by. We all grew up together; literally down the road from each other, and most of us still live in the areas surrounding the place we grew up. There's something to be said about having that support system near by that you know will drop anything to help you if you need it. I don't think I realized how lucky I was/still am to grow up with and live near such an extensive set of cousins until I met people who only had 3, that lived in another city, states away. I wouldn't trade the experience of growing up with so many amazing relatives around me for anything.


24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now. | thirty things

2 comments:

  1. My great-uncles and great-aunts were extremely close, but unfortunately my uncles and aunts didn't continue on. My parents and I tend to be the only ones to do things with my great-aunts and great-uncles...and I think it is sad.

    It is wonderful you have such a supportive family! I would never want to move away either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about cousins and living close to them!

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.