kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

3.6.12

to speak to the past


Dear Alyssa,

You just turned sixteen, and can finally go on dates with your boyfriend, but you can't see the situation - and the fact that you won't ever actually go out anywhere with him - and really, this never was a good idea. You will meet your husband at BYU; you know, that school that you never wanted to go to? (yeah, you'll end up there). 

BYU will be a wonderful experience, even though you think right now that it's the most ridiculous place in the world. You will make the most amazing lifelong friends there who you can always count on, and who will remain just as amazing after you all go your separate ways. You'll also meet a teacher in your major (which will be English, by the way) who will change your life. 

Don't worry about the silly high school things that are happening right now. None of it really matters in the long run. Keep working hard in school (but nobody really needs to remind you to do that). Several of your good friends will carry through to your adult life, and they are great. Don't worry about what will happen next in your life because everything is going to work out exactly as it's supposed to. And you'll love it.

Love,
Alyssa

4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could. | thirty things

3 comments:

  1. haha i love this. And I love that things worked out unpredictably for you! I often wish I could tell my past self to chill out, but more often than not I just want to give my past self a hug. Goodness knows she needed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go back and tell my younger self a few lessons I've learned. (I'd also love if my future self could come here and reassure me that everything turns out okay for me!!) Have you ever heard Brad Paisley's "Letter to Me" song? This reminds me of it!

    Yours are so good! So funny how most of us end up at different schools or with different boys, but end up much happier for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Isn't it funny how much things in high school don't matter? I wish I'd known that in high school, too ...

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.