kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

21.6.12

technical difficulties


Apparently when you add pictures to your blog, they are automatically saved in albums by Google+. Apparently when you delete them from the Google+ albums because you don't need them there and you don't want them all saved on your phone because your phone is an Android and automatically syncs with all things Google ... inhale ... they get deleted. From everything. Including your blog. Naturally, I didn't know this. So you can imagine the mild heart-attack panic-induced state I found myself in when I checked my blog and almost all of the pictures from recent posts were gone. In their place, black squares and rectangles in the same sizes of the pictures that were once there. Ghosts of their former selves. Thankfully, I was able to restore all of the posts from the most recent months. So unless you're digging through my archives, you won't see any of the sad black boxes. Let this be a lesson to all of you Google+ users: don't delete the pictures if they might be on your blog. You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. This happened to someone else I knew! I would be so upset! I'm glad you were able to get most of yours restored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.