kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

2.3.12

stories



For Christmas in 1995 my family gave my grandma an empty journal, a pen, and a jar full of writing prompts about life events, family stories, and such. One year and one completed journal later, she gave it back to us as a Christmas present. They were over for my birthday and we pulled it out. And here she is a little over fifteen years later reading through her stories and telling us more about her life. It is a treasure to have her life stories written down in her own beautiful cursive penmanship. I even learned that there is a street in our hometown named for her family. Talk to the old ones. They know so much. 

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. How I miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome gift all around! I wish that I had done that with my grandparents. I can still do it with some of them and I need to get on that but I'm sad that I lost the opportunity with my others. I love that you were all able to read it together!

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.