kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

26.3.12

double rainbow all the way




"You think dark is just one color, but it ain't.  There're five or six kinds of black.  Some like fingers.  And it don't stay still.  It moves and changes from one kind of black to another. Saying something is pitch black is like saying something is green.  What kind of green? Green like my bottles?  Green like a grasshopper?  Green like a cucumber, lettuce, or green like the sky just before it breaks loose to storm?  Well, night black is the same way. May as well  be a rainbow."

Toni Morrison | Song of Solomon

4 comments:

  1. You would be using the AC already. Don't you know that every summer I spend in Utah I'm afraid up until like a week before that it will snow on my birthday (which is JUNIE 24?!!?) Ha! I JUST have to make it through this year. Also... are you in school right now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apparently need to read some Toni Morrison. The TBR list just gets longer and longer and I'm reading less and less right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. And I love those pictures. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant. Love the quote. Love the pictures. haha it totally reminds me of the double rainbow video and this one time I drove around with a friend where we did see a double rainbow.

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.