kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

8.2.12

will you join in our crusade?


Les Miserables the movie comes out later this year. You can imagine my excitement, and then subsequent dismay; no, that's not strong enough a word. Dread. Yes, that's it, dread when I heard that Taylor Swift was going to be portraying Eponine. That one stopped me in my tracks. T. Swift as Eponine? Nowaynowaynoway. Now, I enjoy T. Swift's teeny-bopper heartsick you did me wrong now I'm going to write a song about you country as much as the next person, but there's no possible way she could pull off Eponine. The raw emotion and power that has to come from that character would be lost. Gone. Nonexistent. It would be utterly ruined.

Watch this. Commit her vocal abilities to memory.


Now imagine her trying to sing this as well and with as much emotion as the girl below.


Doesn't exactly work out, right? That's why I was beyond thrilled to find out that the girl from the bottom video, Samantha Barks, will be Eponine in the movie version. I literally jumped out of my chair and did a fist pump at the news. I can look forward to this movie now. Thank you to whomever figured out that T. Swift was actually a bad choice, and decided to hire Samantha Barks. Really. Best idea ever. I hope you get promoted. From the legions of Les Mis fans who were once dreading the movie, we thank you. A million times over.

1 comment:

  1. TS's voice isn't right for this kind of production. Stylistically Samantha is definitely the right choice. Chills when I listened. Such a good sign.

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.