kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

3.9.11

midnight in paris



yesterday i went to the broadway theatre downtown to see the movie midnight in paris, per my dear friend elizabeth's recommendation. it was the most delightful film i've seen in ages. from the beginning montage of sights around paris set to what we've come to know as quintessential french music (which only escalated my deep-harboring wish to be an ex-pat and move to france. i have to do it now. it's settled.) to the depictions of the characters. zelda and scott fitzgerald were spot-on, and hemingway was exactly as i imagine him to be - arrogant and obsessed with courage, valor, and fighting. not to mention dali's love of rhinoceroses. the message of it all is perhaps what i loved most - be happy with your present. you can do with it what you want. 
two thumbs up for an excellent film.

3 comments:

  1. I have wanted to see that film for the longest time, but it's not showing anywhere near me! Infuriating. So glad it's good though - hopefully I can catch it when it comes out on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right? Right right right? Best. Movie. In a long time. I very much heart Zelda and I wouldn't mind a few magical midnights, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some time I've got to see that. Probably when it comes out on DVD. Love Paris!

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.