kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

24.5.11

today.

Inspiration can come in the craziest, and most unexpected of ways. In the crazy hustle of life, we often get so caught up in our own lives that we forget the manners our parents (hopefully) taught us, and forget to think about other people. I'm guilty. You're guilty. We all are. Today I went to Wal-Mart that awful store that takes forever where no one is nice and you feel trapped like you're never getting out and will die in that store unless the checkers stationed at the four registers that are open out of twenty-something that exist will ever hurry it up a bit so we can get out of the store before we age and become elderly and our frozen foods melt in our buggies and expire and we have to wander back into the aisles to replace the spoiled food in our hands only to start the whole exiting process over again and no one would want that now would they? Anyway, I was standing in line with my five or six items gathered in my arms, behind a lady who had a full buggy of groceries and other mismatched items. To my surprise, she turned around, looked at me, and said, "You go ahead of me. You have way less than I do." Then she proceeded to let the lady behind me go before her too because that woman also only had an item or two. I was floored. Very appreciative, but nonetheless, floored. It made me wish that more people would be considerate of others. The more I interact with people, the more I realize that finding those kinds of people who will let you cut in front of them in line at the store are a rare gem. Hold on to those people. Try to be like them. You just might make a difference.

3 comments:

  1. If we all "pay it forward" we can make a big difference - one person at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be the third time I've tried to comment....what is with Google? Loved the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I try to do that when I'm aware. Sometimes we get caught up in our own little worlds and ignore what's happening around us. It's good to pull ourselves out of ourselves and look around.

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.