kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

30.5.11

it was an ex-caboose

Once upon a time {this weekend} we went to Oklahoma/Kansas for my brother in law's wedding. We made reservations at a place in Yukon, Oklahoma called the Red Rooster Guest Cabooses. It was a bed and breakfast where you get to stay in a renovated and remodeled train caboose that's been turned into a little hotel room. 


Cute, right?
We drove from Salt Lake City to Yukon, arrived on Friday afternoon, and couldn't find it. After driving up and down the road for a little bit, we finally noticed it. It had been completely destroyed. Three days before we arrived, a tornado made a direct hit to the cabooses and the inn. The red caboose you see in the picture was turned on its side, but stopped by the tree directly in front of it. The yellow caboose was on its side about forty feet away from its original spot. There was debris everywhere. It was insane. And me, being the genius that I am, forgot to bring my camera on the trip so there aren't any pictures of it. I remembered that I forgot the camera when we were about halfway there. Luckily there was a hotel a little ways down the road that we were able to get a room in.

1 comment:

  1. Awe. That's too bad. I hope you had fun at the wedding anyway.

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.