kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

2.4.13

pining for food in utah


There's this place in Provo called Guru's that has the most delicious southwest fry sauce. Unfortunately, South Carolina is kind of far away from Provo, so I had to figure out how to make up for the distance and make the sauce myself. It is delicious.

Here's what you need:

1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon ketchup
5-6 tablespoons BBQ sauce*
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons cajun seasoning

Mix all ingredients together until completely blended, and chill in the fridge until cold.


Enjoy with sweet potato fries or regular fries if you don't like sweet potatoes. 


*Be sure to get Jack Daniel's Honey Smoke House BBQ Sauce. It won't taste right if you use a different sauce.


2 comments:

  1. I miss that place. I also have a list of other places I miss terribly...I want to go back and just eat food.

    Also, I started a long term subbing job recently. It is a million times better than the school I taught at last year...no joke. I really love my job. We should talk again about that. How are your applications and everything going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was craving this on Friday, so we had to go and eat there. I was then telling my mother-in-law today about Gurus and how their sweet potato fries are THE ANSWER. I love it when the universe reminds you of these things :) Seeing your post was just a reminder that those feelings of mine are CORRECT.

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.