kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

2.7.12

salsa


Chips + salsa is one of my favorite snack of all time. Blame my dad. We spent many nights watching movies together eating chips and salsa and/or ice cream out of mugs. But that's a different story entirely. Being a salsa connoisseur, you'd think I've been making my own salsa my whole life, right? Wrong. I've only been making my own for a few months, thanks to my cousin Kristin's wonderful recipe. I've tweaked it a bit to my liking, and it is infinitely better than anything you can buy in a jar. Promise. Make it and see for yourself.


salsa:
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can diced green chiles
1/2 diced white onion
1 handful cilantro*
1-2 cloves of garlic
salt + pepper
lime juice to taste
lemon juice to taste
hot sauce to taste

Put all ingredients into the food processor and blend until it is the desired texture.
Store in the refrigerator. 

The recipe above lasts me for several weeks; though I'm the only person in my house who eats salsa. If you want to make a larger batch, I've found that a 1:1 ratio of diced tomatoes and green chiles is best. Enjoy! 


*coriander for all you Brits out there

1 comment:

  1. Chips and salsa is my favorite food. If you sit them down in front of me, I'm not leaving until it's gone!

    This recipe looks awesome, but I'm sold on one I've been using for a while. They seem kind of similar, although I think mine may have more spices, jalepeno, and a can of rotel. I'll have to see if I can find it for you! (I think it may have been a pioneer woman recipe originally?)

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.