kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

14.12.11

miscellany


I spent the better part of last night on Gmail chat with my mom helping my brother finish his research paper on Julius Caesar. I was brought in for editing and forcing the brother to explain himself better. I even brought out my copy of Shakie's complete works to help him find quotations. I went to bed at 11. My mom bowed out at 1 A.M. My dad at 1:30.
::
In other news, one of my wisdom teeth may or may not be coming in. Happy Christmas to me. I'm not sure though. Never had a wisdom tooth come in before. What does it feel like? It's lost on me.
::
Spencer and I teach cub scouts now. That is, we teach four hyper, talkative, mildly hilarious eight year-old boys who may or may not be very easily bribed into following the rules by cookies.
::
I'm currently obsessed with Words with Friends and Barbra Streisand. (No relation between the two) But I can't seem to get enough of Funny Girl. Seriously.Can't.Get.Enough. I drive around belting it out (quite badly in comparison) with Babs. "My Man" gets me every time.
::
Filled in at my parents' gym today. The regular receptionist wasn't there. Went out to dinner tonight with my dad afterward. Just me and him.
::
A lady I know has a cat that she thinks might be pregnant. If it is, I might be getting a kitten just because kittens are so ridiculously cute. So cute it should probably be outlawed.
::
I found pomegranate flavored Jelly Belly jelly beans. Good, but not as great as the juicy pear flavor.
::
This time last year I was stressing about finishing all of my finals and getting married at the end of finals week. What were we thinking? But making it all happen. 
With only a few gray hairs to show for it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know what's going on in your life. Woot for editing homework!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great things for you. I love belting out Babs too.

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.