kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

3.10.11

homeward bound


Once upon a time two people from South Carolina met at BYU, fell in love, got married, graduated, and moved to Salt Lake City. Six months later, that wonderful man got a job offer in none other than Columbia, South Carolina. It's been fun, Utah, but we're heading home. Soon. Two weeks from now soon. In an instant, our world has been turned upside down and become consumed by a sea of boxes and packing tape and figuring out the logistics of moving ourselves (and our two cats) across the country. There will be people I'm going to miss so dearly, thinking about not seeing them makes my heart crumble to pieces. I can't even form the word goodbye right now. But we're headed home. Home. Where family lives and my heart resides. To that place where everything makes sense. "No, my life began and continues to exist in the antithesis of a city. I live on a dead end street. Trees surround my house. We can’t see our neighbors. The air is humid, but clear; no city smog exists here. Summer afternoon thunderstorms happen almost daily from June until September. Thousands of stars illuminate the night sky, and also at night, symphonies of crickets, cicadas, and frogs provide the accompaniment to the rhythmic creaking of our front-porch rocking chairs. It is quintessential countryside – the perfect small town." Home. Home. Home. Home. Here we come.

 

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is huge. I wish you well in good ol' SC but we will miss you terribly. I hope you'll be able to come down to Provo before you leave but if not it's okay. I love you Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get to go home!!! YAY!!! I am so so excited for you guys!! But we will miss your presence here in Utah! Thank goodness we can keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I bet you are so excited to go home! I'm happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just gave you an award on my blog :)

    ...and I know you must be INCREDIBLY excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so exciting! :] Yay for going home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope moving goes smoothly. Saying goodbye is so hard, but having fun places to reunite is such fun!

    PS I'm new around these parts but your previous post about arrested development...it's like I COULD HAVE WRITTEN IT. I'm not holding my breath publicly, but MAN I want it to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallelujah!!!! Singing and dancing a jig. You didn't know I could dance a jig, did you?

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.