kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

20.9.11

pen pal


I have a friend from high school who now teaches fifth grade in Morogoro, Tanzania.
He needed pen pals for the girls in his class, so I volunteered to get to know one of his students through perhaps my favorite medium, the written word. I am now anxiously awaiting my first letter from a fifth grade Tanzanian girl, and I cannot wait to get to know her, and about what life is like in Morogoro. Learning about other cultures is one of the best ways to expand your knowledge of the truth and beauty that exists in the world. I thrive on it.


3 comments:

  1. That's so cool! I miss the good ol' days of having a pen pal. Too bad I'm awful at getting letters into the mail. I write them and then just never get them sent...don't ask me why! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be just as excited as you are! I wonder what she'll write about. I hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! Will you be sharing any stories with us?

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.