kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

9.9.11

it's just home.



Nothing made my heart leap quite so much today as seeing area code 803 on my caller ID at work. That's my area code. Home. I ended up speaking with someone who knows, me, my family, and told me, in that sweet Southern drawl, how much she loves my granddaddy. These are my people. Home. Always will be.What is it about the pull of home that is so strong? Authors have explored this theme at length. I think it's best summed up in the words of an old man from Georgia I talked to the other day: "[at home] we understand each other."

2 comments:

  1. Love it! We are kindred spirits when it comes to loving home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true. I just got tears in my eyes. They just popped right in there.

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.