kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

9.7.11

Goodbye, Charlie.


If you saw my Facebook status two days ago, you knew that Charlie was sick. Well, the worst turned out to be true. She had Feline Infectious Peritonitis, a fatal cat disease. There is no cure, and it's contagious among cats. The vet thinks she probably contracted it at the shelter before she got the vaccination for it, as the disease usually takes a while to manifest itself. The best course of action was to put her down so she wouldn't have to suffer anymore, and so Chloe wasn't exposed to it any longer. She was the sweetest, and we miss her. A lot. My only consolation at the moment is that she spent the last few months of her life living happily in a comfortable home instead of the cage she was living in when we got her from the shelter.

she cuddled with us all night and this morning until it was time to go to the vet. 
such a sweetheart.

5 comments:

  1. this is so sad :( I'm glad that you were able to give her a good home for a little while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your cat! It's hard when we have to make "adult" decisions, but it was the best that you put her down so she didn't have to suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gave Charlie the gift of a loving home, and the gift of going home so she would no longer suffer. I know she will be missed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was such a sweet, snuggly cat. I'm glad that I got a chance to know her before she moved on to the bigger and better. I hope that you are doing well-- it's hard to let go of someone you love, even when it's the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so sad for you and Spencer and especially Chloe. I know Charlie will be missed. Did I tell you our new puppy is named Charlie? The boy version.

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.