kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

27.6.11

wal-mart

Have you ever noticed that the most interesting and frightening people seem to populate Wal-Mart at all hours of the day? They are always there no matter what time you are. For example, today, after work, I headed to that dreaded store* to get a few things. Namely, Febreze and some bottled water. As I walked into the store I noticed behind me an extremely terrifying looking individual - massively leathery looking skin, decked out in robes and a really crazy looking headdress, not resembling any ethnic group that normally wears that garb, crazy look in his eye - All in all, he looked like one of the many homeless, mildly crazy people that frequent the city. If my flight instinct hadn't kicked in and I wasn't speed walking in the opposite direction as fast as I could, I might have hid behind a display and tried to snag a picture. Regardless, it seems as though you can always find these people in Wal-Mart. 

What are some of the crazy things you've encountered in that store?

*editor's note: i try to avoid wal-mart, but it is the only store close to us with seemingly reasonable prices. everything else close by is some health-food store or specialty store with jacked up prices so not worth what they're attached to

3 comments:

  1. Haha. Ah the crowds of a Wal-Mart. I don't think I could describe them all here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha - the most recent; a woman wearing a little itty bitty tank with no bra - clearly needed a bra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walmart isn't nearly as scary as some of the people I've seen at flea markets in South Carolina! The worst was a shirtless older man with back hair like a gorilla. It traumatized me so much at 13 yrs old that I still have the images burned into my brain.

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.