kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

16.6.11

in my dreams i am a singer

Have you ever wished you could do something that, in reality, is completely out of your reach/talent set/etc? It's no secret that I love Broadway. I gushed over the Tony Awards earlier this week. You can usually find me listening to OBC recordings of my favorite shows. I wish I could sing. I mean really sing. You know, Idina Menzel, Barbra Streisand, Julie Andrews style. They can sing. I cannot. Sure I can carry a tune and harmonize, but I wish I had that powerhouse voice. And I'm pretty sure that no matter how hard I work at it, it probably won't happen. My voice just has those limitations. I know that sounding like Julie Andrews is the most ridiculous of my (lofty.inaperfectworld) ambitions - she was just born with that voice. But I wish I could do it too. I feel like it would be so much fun, but it's just not a part of the hand my genetics dealt me.

What is something you always wished you could do?

3 comments:

  1. Dance! The leap through the air, twirling kind of dance. I think being able to move beautifully to music would feel amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write beautifully. Im working at it, but I'm afraid I may never get there. I'm a firm believer that for certain talents, like singing, (as long as you aren't tone deaf) you can learn to do it really well. All it takes is the right instruction and lots of practice. You should take some voice lessons. It's amazing the difference something like that can make. Maggie has been taking voice for the last couple months and it's been great for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dream of the same thing. I wish I could sing. I sang in a choir for 10 years, but that doesn't mean I can sing. I had the children's choir style when I trained for four hours a week. I used to sound a lot better, but now I'm out of practice and try to hide my voice in church. I wish I had that singer/songwriter style. It's definitely not fair people who have never had a voice lesson, but have the most amazing voice ever. I also wish I could write songs I'm proud of. haha Sometimes it can be quite depressing.

    But if you have a dream, you should pursue it! I believe everyone should. Try taking voice lessons or joining a choir. I believe everyone should try doing their ambitions at least once. For example, I thought I wanted to play the cello because of how pretty the instrument is. I only took one lesson, but thought it was worth it.

    In reply: Thanks for your comment! I'm glad you found me! I saw that you wrote a comment on E's blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.