kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

20.6.11

i can sign.

Not sure how many of you know this, but I know American Sign Language. I love the language so much, and I'm such an advocate for Deaf Education. People need to be more aware. And aware of the facts, that is. Anyway, I can sign.

aaaaannnnnnnddddd........

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to be teaching my friend Candice and her husband how to sign! I'm beyond excited. We're going to get on Skype and I'm going to teach them. It's going to be fantastically fun.
I seriously cannot wait.

5 comments:

  1. Have you thought about getting a masters so you can be a deaf educator?

    I was never very good at signing and really struggled when I took the class. You were always so good in sacrament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Autumn. :) I've thought about it, and it's a definite possibility at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I cannot tell you how much fun you have brought into our lives! Husband and I are really having a blast trying to learn more than the other. I hope we're good students!!!

    PS--+1 for Autumn and the deaf educator comment. You definitely should!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool that you're going to be doing that. I'd love to learn it that way too. If you're feeling lonely or whatever, we should Skype and you could make me sign back to you. I could at least practice what little bit I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned to sign when I was little. I signed to songs we sang in a choir. I wish I remembered all the details. I am so proud that you can sign. I couldn't agree more that people need to be more informed. Maybe you could write more about signing on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.