kis•met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized

1. fate.

29.3.11

quote vs. quotation

I just made the executive decision to make Mondays quotation Mondays. Every week, I will find an inspirational/funny/thought provoking/etc quotation to share with you. And perhaps I'll occasionally include my thoughts on the quotation and/or why I like it and its origins. 

While we're on the subject. Here is a brief (and funny) explanation of the difference between the words "quote" and "quotation":
 While I know that "quote" is always substituted for "quotation" in common vernacular, it's grammatically incorrect. Say it with me now: "I found a quotation. Allow me to quote it for you."
Ahhh. Now doesn't' that feel better?

2 comments:

  1. Now this made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sense of humor and how you write and therefore love your blog, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete

♔ huzzah.